RedVector is happy to announce that the following 5 courses for 7 hours were approved for Texas Registered Accessibility Specialists (RAS).
- ADA Guidelines: Designing Pedestrian Facilities using Public Right of Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG) (RV-11149AW) CE Hours 1
- Accessibility by Building Type: Universal Residential Design (RV-11040AW) CE Hours 1
- Accessible Routes: Getting In, Out, and Around (RV-11050AW) CE Hours 1
- International Building Codes & More: Sustainability and Accessibility (RV-10460) CE Hours 1
- Going Grey: Designing for an Ageing Society Webcast (RV-10469) CE Hours 3
8 hours annually by licensure date.
8 hours required
Minimum of 4 hours in TDLR approved courses (Texas Accessibility Standards)
- Texas Government Code, Chapter 469 – Elimination of Architectural Barriers;
- 16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 68 – Administrative Rules;
- Texas Accessibility Standards;
- Technical Memoranda as published by the Department; or
- Registered Accessibility Specialist Procedures as published by the Department.
Remaining hours in other laws and standards (Laws and Standards)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines(ADAAG) or any other accessibility guidelines proposed or adopted by the Access Board or United States Department of Justice;
- Americans with Disabilities Act;
- International Code Council/American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A117.1 Standard on Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities;
- Life Safety Code;
- Fair Housing Act;
- Business Practices; or
All 8 hours can be taken in online courses. The courses offered for this profession has been approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
If you are seeking online continuing education hours or have any questions about these courses, contact an educational advisor or our client support department today.